Disney emoji contest “As told by you”
Excellent news for emoji lovers, Disney fans and Adobe users!
There is a wonderful contest put together by the two companies, revolving around the magical world of the famous animations re-imagined with your favorite yellow emoticons – emojis!
If you are a post-secondary school student who is 18 to 24 years old, bursting with imagination and want nothing more than to work along side Adobe professionals at the Disney Los Angeles campus, then this is the challenge for you!
The Disney “As told by emoji” contest gives you the opportunity to retell any of the Disney feature animations through our modern day’s favorite medium , which sounds like an illustrator’s dream project. The video below also makes it look both fun and easy:
I don’t know about the easy part, but wouldn’t it be nice to know the secret behind it?
Here are the main requirements for the illustrations:
The emoji should
- be a character’s face from a Disney feature film.
- express one of the following emotions: happiness, sadness, fear, excitement, or confusion.
- be a static, not animated image.
Some may find the rules a little restrictive because only certain people qualify to submit their work. Only residents of the 50 US and Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand are eligible to win 5 of the GRAND PRIZES:
- A 6 day trip to Los Angeles, where winners will participate in scheduled events. They will meet with the team behind the video that retells Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1 with emojis. They will also participate in a Creative Cloud Coaching session led by Adobe. And last but not least, they will also receive a one year membership to Adobe Creative Cloud
There will also be another 20 FIRST-PRIZE winners:
- They will get the one year membership and a pack full of Disney goodies.
Of course, your work must be your own! Make sure you read the entire list of Do’s and Don’ts as well as general rules to be completely you won’t get disqualified for such technicalities. Enter until March 9th 2017.
I’ll let you enjoy the entertaining style of a Disney original as seen through the lenses of happy, sad, excited, confused or fearful emojis, for inspiration: